What is Form DPT – 3?
Form DPT-3 is used for filing a return of deposit or particulars of transaction not considered as a deposit or both by the companies respectively.
Which types of companies are required to file Form DPT 3?
- Private Limited Company
- Public Limited Company
- One Person Company (OPC)
- Small Company
Filing of DPT -3
DPT 3 has to be filed in two ways:
- One-time Return (For the FY 2014-2019)
- Annual Return (Every Year from FY 2018-19 onwards)
Purpose of Filing DPT -3
- One-time return for disclosure of Exempted Deposits
- Annual return of Deposits
- Annual return of Exempted Deposits
- Annual return of Deposits + Exempted Deposits.
In case of nil return (No deposits) is DPT- 3 required to be filed?
Nil return filing of DPT- 3 is definitely recommended to avoid complexities in the future.
Documents required for filing
- Auditor’s certificate with UDIN
- Latest Audited Balance Sheet’
- Copy of instrument creating the charge (If any)
- List of depositors (If any)
Due Date of Filing: 30.06.2022 (For FY 2021-22)
Consequence of Non Filing
The company that defaults in the filing of DPT -3 has to pay a penalty of a minimum of 1 crore or twice the number of deposits whichever is lower, which may extend to Rs. 10 crores, and every officer in default will be imprisoned for 7 years with payment of fine.